Monday, February 22, 2016

Obsessions

Everybody has an obsession, or multiple things that they are obsessed with. You may not think you are obsessed with something because the word “obsessed” seems to be over exaggerated. It’s as simple as something that you do or use all of the time or something you can’t live without. Your obsession can be something you result to whenever you have down time or something you eat every single day or something you do every day. As you are reading this, you are probably trying to think of the things you are obsessed with, for me, it is my cell phone.

A lot of people, especially teenagers, result to their phone whenever they’re bored or whenever they have down time. I know that every time I don’t have something I need to be doing, I pull out my phone. Phones are a great source of entertainment. There are millions, even probably a billion apps on the iTunes App store or the Google Play store. There are apps where you can post things and communicate with other people such as; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr. All of those apps allow you to post “statuses” or pictures and people can “like” or “favorite” them, they can also leave comments too. There are also game apps. Right now the most popular games on the App Store are; Minecraft, Geometry Dash, Heads Up!, and NBA 2K16. There also many apps that fall into various categories.

I’m obsessed with my phone because I spend probably way too much time on it in one day. My battery is always very low when I get home or I even have to charger it while I’m at school. It is very easy to just pull your phone out of your pocket and click on an app and check your social media or play a game quick. I check my social media apps from left to right, starting with Instagram, then Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook, then I check my Email last. I refresh the app and go through the new things and then when I get to stuff I’ve already seen, I move on to the next app. Once I get through all of my apps, if I have time I go back and refresh them in the same order.

I’m sure many teenagers do the same thing and most are probably obsessed with their phones too. You always hear adults complaining that their kids are always on their phones and never have conversations with them because they are too preoccupied. When we’re on our phones though, we are conversing with our friends through our apps!

(436)

No comments:

Post a Comment