Sunday, September 27, 2015

Twitter

It seems like everywhere you look someone is on their phone. Now a days high-schooler's lives seem to revolve around their phones and social media. Twitter is a huge app., used by 974 million people. A lot of those users are likely to be high school students and young adults. Personally I don't know very many adults that have a Twitter, it seems to be just younger people.

"Twitter is addicting." I would agree with that statement. Everytime I get on my phone I check my twitter, I don't always "tweet" but I check my "news feed." Twitter is an easy way to stay connected with your friends and it is a great way to voice you opinions. Twitter allows you to say what you want, as well as allowing people to respond to what you said.

High school students are very passionate about somethings, like their school, for example. Football season is a huge time when kids talk about their school and how great they are. They also talk about other schools and how they might be "better" than them.

Last Friday, September 25th, CR Kennedy played CR Jefferson at Kingston. The whole day prior to the game, kids were "smack-talkin" the other school to Twitter. Jeff kids were saying that they would "Punch anyone wearing green or gold (that day)" and how they couldn't wait to beat us that night. Jeff thought they would beat us because they had beaten us in the years before so they thought they could talk smack. I didn't see as many Kennedy kids talking about the Jefferson kids until after the game. People were giving Jeff kids a hard time because they had talked "crap", but we beat them 35-7.

Personally it makes me mad when I see people talking "crap" on Twitter. To me it just seems like they are trying to be cool and get alot of "favorites" on their "tweet." There's a difference between voicing your opinion and be mean or rude to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment