Monday, September 28, 2015

Insecurities

We're all at school for one reason, because we have to be. Some people enjoy being at school and some do not. Some enjoy the learning, others do not. Some like school because their friends are there and they like the social aspect of it. We all have different opinions and feelings about school, but the point is that we're all there for what seems to be forever. Since this is the case, why can't we all just get along?

High school students now-a-days tend to be all about their friends and their things and not care about other people and the things they like to do. Now-a-days people are all about themselves. People stopped caring about others for some reason. Kids these days make fun of kids for being a "nerdy" or for being a "geek" or liking school, but why? Most likely, these kids get a sense of satisfaction from bringing others down and making fun of them.

I don't understand why we feel better about ourselves when we bring others down. I'm guilty of this as well as many others. Is it because we are insecure about ourselves? That if we point out someone else's flaws, it will take away from our own? That it'll distract everyone from the fact that we're not perfect? We've heard a million times, that "nobody's perfect", but why do we all keep insisting on trying to get there, to be perfect? What's so wrong with being different? I don't have an answer to any of these questions, but I wish I did. These questions are constantly floating around my mind, looking for answer or an understanding as to why I am the way I am or why people do the things they do, just to "fit in".

Everyone's different. We're all our own. We like different things and that's okay. If everyone were the same, everything would be so boring. There would be nothing special in the world if everyone liked the same things and did the same things. I think we all know this, but yet we're all so insecure about ourselves. We're all going through these same feelings and insecurities as we try and find ourselves in this world. We have each other, were still in high school, we're around people every day that are going through the same things as us. Just because we're all different doesn't mean we aren't going through similar things. Use each other to get through these insecurities and in the end I bet you come out the other side having overcome the things you never thought you would, along with a best friend or two beside you.

1 comment:

  1. Jade our blogs are a lot like each other's! I really like this post, I may do one like it soon, why do we all worry so much about what other people think? I think it is because we know we are guilty of what we know everyone else is doing, judging, constantly, with a nonexistent scoring system where no one can win. It is pretty pathetic in my opinion, it makes high school so terrible for so many people. But anyways, I like this, keep doing you:)

    ReplyDelete