Thursday, November 12, 2015

Coaches

Having a coach you get along with is amazing! There's nothing better than do the thing you love and liking your coach at the same time. A coach is like a second parent to you, you're with them 24/7 and you have to listen to them, except they aren't your parent. If you have a close relationship with your coach, you can open up to them and talk to them about anything. There is always stuff you want to talk about but don't necessarily want to talk with your parents about and being able to talk to another adult about it is great!

When you have a good relationship with your coach you will learn to like that sport or activity even more. You’ll like coming to practice because you look forward to see and talking to your coach. You might even become better at what you’re doing too! If you like your coach, you’re going to be more willing to listen to their corrections and apply them which will be very beneficial to you. If you don’t like your coach you are going to hate what you’re doing, you will hate going to practice and you will not want to listen to them.

I personally love track, I had a terrible coach that I hated and it was sad because he kind of ruined track for me. I never listened to him because I didn’t like him. I don’t like being told what to do, as is, but I especially don’t like being told what to do from someone I don’t like.
 
So for that exact reason, you should do what you can to develop a good relationship with your coach or coaches. If for some reason you think your coach doesn’t like you, talk to them and work things out, I’m sure they don’t actually hate you. Ask what you can do to get better. Teachers and coaches tend to like and help their students and athletes who show effort and act like they care about what they’re doing. So if you just put forth a little effort and have a good attitude, you will go far, in that specific activity, and in life! You’re going to be more enjoyable to be around if you are positive, it makes everyone happier and it allows for teams to work well together!

1 comment:

  1. I can completely relate with this post!! I have built a strong relationship with my bowling coach, and talk to him about everything. It really is amazing.

    ReplyDelete