Thursday, January 21, 2016

"Behind the Scenes"

I know this is going to sound cliché, but treat people how you want to be treated.

A lot of the time we don’t realize the effects that our words have on other people. We say things we don’t mean to be taken personally or we say we’re joking, but sometimes those people really do that our words to heart. Sometimes we say things and it hurts someone, but we don’t realize it because we wouldn’t have taken it personally so we didn’t rethink it before we said it.
The people who often take things to heart are the ones with things going on “behind the scenes”. Think about the things in your life, you probably have something going on that no one knows about and there are probably things you don’t really want other people to know. These things may be sad or depressing things, or they might not be that dramatic. Some people however have more dramatic things going on in their personal life, whether they are fighting depression or don’t have the greatest living situations. These are things that most people don’t just share with anyone, they usually don’t like to talk about these things and avoid the topic as much as possible. It’s none of your business to ask people about this stuff, especially if you heard a rumor about it or you over heard something. Don’t be rude, you don’t need to ask them about it, if they wanted to talk to you about it, they would, but don’t force them to talk about it. If someone trusts you enough to tell you about their personal things, listen to them, sometimes that’s all they need. There is no need to go around and spread around their personal things they just told you, obviously they trusted you when they told you.

I’ve had some people talk to me about some similar stuff to this. I listened to them and let them talk for as long as they needed. I didn’t really know what to say or respond, but I said somethings that I thought would help me if I were going through the same thing. I never thought some of these people would have these kinds of things going on in their personal life. They act completely normal most of the time and if they’re acting a little different one day I just assume they’re not having a good day or something. You would never guess these things from people, but I feel like there is more going on in a lot of people’s lives than they let on.
My point is: be kind to EVERYONE. You never know who is going through what.

(448)

No comments:

Post a Comment