Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Cell Phones

Every time phones are brought up as a topic of discussion, there is always controversy. Parents complain all the time that their kids are always on their phones and that they don’t know how to communicate face to face. I agree with parents to an extent. Yes phones eliminate that face to face communication, but sometimes it’s easier to just shoot someone a text quickly, rather than just going  and asking them one little question. Just because we are on our phones a lot though doesn’t mean we don’t have good communication stills in person. These have no correlation, personally I am on my phone as much as possible, but I have very good social skills as well.

Us teenagers these days always find ourselves going through the same social media apps in a cycle, looking for new things to entertain us. We automatically pick up our phones when were bored, hoping that time will past faster when we’re on our phones. Phones are also a great way to avoid awkward situations. I know everyone who is reading this has pretended to be doing something on their phone to avoid just sitting there awkwardly! We all do it! When your friend is arguing with their parent, what do you do? You pick up your phone and you pretend to use it, or you go through your social media apps again even though you just checked them 3 times in the last ten minutes.

 Parents complain about kids ALWAYS being on their phones, but now that I think about it, that’s how kids are growing up these days. You see 3 and 4 year olds playing on their mom or dad’s phone or an iPad. Parents are getting their kids phones earlier and earlier too. I think it’s ridiculous that kids are getting phones in third grade now! No wonder kids are constantly on their phones, that’s how they’re growing up. I had to wait till sixth grade and my parents almost made me wait till later!
           
 It’s also kind of sad how much a lot of people rely on their phones though. When we aren’t allowed to have them out at school, people will sneak them under their desk because they can’t go without it for an hour. When I was at camp for a week, we weren’t allowed to even bring our phones, we had to leave them at home, and it really wasn’t that bad. We were always doing something and staying occupied, I didn’t even miss my phone. We should hang out with people more and do stuff, instead of sitting around on our phones, it’s more fun to actually go out and do something anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment