Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Jobs

Part of being in high is getting your drivers license. Finally being able to drive yourself where ever you want, you get that sense of freedom. The down side to driving is paying for the gas! Some kids are lucky, their parents pay for their gas, along with money for food and clothes and random stuff. Others have to pay for all of that stuff on their own, including me. How am I supposed to pay for all the clothes and food I want if I don't have any money? That’s right, a job!

This last year I decided that it would probably be a good idea for me to get a job because there was no way I had enough money for all of things I want, and I still don't, but at least I have some money now. Before my job, my parents would pay for my gas and give me money every once and awhile, but now that I have a job I have to pay for everything myself! My job is great, I love it. I don't have to wait on anyone or serve anyone, I get to watch little kids jump on trampolines all day. I don't really have to do much at my job; it's actually pretty easy, better than working at a restaurant or Hy-Vee! I get paid to basically do nothing!

Yeah working can suck sometimes, but when paid day comes around, I love having a job. It's so nice to have money and know that you can spend it on the things you want. My parents always tell me to save money too. They say "You don't need to spend that much money every month. You don’t need to eat out so much". I agree with my parents, I should save money for college, but sometimes it's hard, like you're really craving some pizza and you're like why not, it's only five dollars, but before you know it, all those little five dollar charges add up and before you know it you’re down to $20 and you still have a week left until you get paid.

Having a job has taught me great social skills. I am very comfortable talking to customers and answering questions, things I wasn't very comfortable with before. I think having a job benefits high schoolers more than just giving them money, there are more things you get out of having a job. You learn to collaborate and cooperate with coworkers and you learn how to talk to people other than your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment